HALOX® 550 WF
HALOX® 550 WF
HALOX® 550 WF is a water-free liquid organic-inorganic sol-gel corrosion inhibitor designed for corrosion protection in thin film coatings: water-based and solvent-based finishes, water reducible alkyds, high gloss DTM, vinylidene chloride rust converters, dip primers, solvent-based polyurethanes, water-based lacquers and galvanized pretreatments using polyurethane dispersions (PUDs).
Clear Waterbased Acrylic Lacquer
Salt Spray – 144 hrs. – HDG – 0.2 mils. (5 microns)
HALOX® 550 WF is a liquid, can be post-added, maintains high gloss and improves adhesion.
It is synergist to jet-milled products and stand-alone inhibitors.
Hydrophobic film formation, adhesion promoter, synergist.
All metal primers, water-based and solvent-based topcoats, powder coating resins and temporary clear coatings. It is an adhesion promoter for galvanized steel, pretreatment chemistries, acidic systems (pH 3-6) and thin-film coatings (<10 µm).
News & Articles
- The JCT Coatings Tech publishes HALOX®'s paper: Hybrid Sol-Gel Corrosion Inhibitors
- HALOX® expands its product line with more cutting-edge sol-gel chemistry
- HALOX® will promote its technologies to the paint and coatings industry as the Asian Pacific Coatings Show returns to Bangkok!
- HALOX® steps-up its corrosion protection for the general industrial coatings market
Starting Point Formulations
Solvent-Based Polyester Melamine
- POLYMAC HS 5776
- High Solids Thermosetting Polyester Melamine Baking Enamel with HALOX® 550 WF
- NEOCRYL 6099
- Water-based, High Gloss, Direct-to-Metal Acrylic using HALOX® 550 WF
- NEOCRYL XK-98
- Clear lacquer based on NeoCryl XK-98 using HALOX® SZP-391 JM & 550 WF
- Neocryl XK-532
- 2K Polyurethane Dispersion Exhibiting Enhanced Adhesion using HALOX® 550 WF
- HALOFLEX 202
- PVDC Based Dip Primer